10.10.2008

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING WEEKEND





Wino's simple Cranberry Sauce recipe. The only thing I can cook at Thanksgiving. But I'm always a rockstar with the family, when I make this simple red delight.

# 1 1/2 cups water
# 2 cups sugar
# 3 cups clean, picked- over cranberries
# 1 medium orange, chopped fine
# 1 tsp. ground ginger
# dash of cinnamon

Wash the cranberries and pick through them looking for any loose stems or stones. Peel and finely chop the orange and you are ready to start.

Combine the sugar with 1 cup of the water in a medium-sized saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves. Add cranberries, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, uncover, and simmer for another 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Add the remaining 1/2 cup of water, chopped orange, ginger, cinnamon, then simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. Chill the sauce.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a great music blog here! I've added you to my mp3blog list and cuastom search, check it out.

Rickdog's collected over 5,000 mp3blog links, accessible from the alpha menu at page top. You can open frames on these blogs to view them directly on my site, and you can also view the feeds in a frame.

The newest mp3blogs
http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/01/alphanew.html

You can search your blog and all the others in my custom google search:

Chewbone MP3blog search
http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/03/mp3-blog-search-results.html

I add new blogs to the alpha lists once a week, but your site is immediately added to the custom google search engine.