Robert Plant - The Principle of Moments (1983)
Here's a few recording I revisted while on the shores of the great lakes. Fire pits under the s stars. I forgot how good these sound for early 1980's. When your ears are tired and torn from too much FUZZ guitar - just play these. Here's a tip guys, the ladies like them too.
Released July 11, 1983
Recorded Rockfield Studios
The Principle of Moments is the second solo album by former Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant. It was Plant's second top 10 album in the United States and United Kingdom. It also gave him his first solo Top 40 hit with "Big Log". The most popular track on album-oriented rock radio in the US was "Other Arms", which reached number one on the Billboard Top Tracks chart. Genesis drummer Phil Collins played drums for six of the album's eight songs (as he did on Pictures at Eleven). On the other two tracks former Jethro Tull drummer Barriemore Barlow performed.
Like Plant's first solo album, Pictures at Eleven, the songs departed from the hard rock of Led Zeppelin. Following the strength of these albums, Plant launched a successful tour in 1983. Phil Collins was the drummer for Plant's band on this tour. Collins was content to perform in the background, despite his own enormous success as a solo artist at the time.
1. "Other Arms" (Robert Plant, Robbie Blunt) – 4:20
2. "In the Mood" (Plant, Blunt, Paul Martinez) – 5:19
3. "Messin' with the Mekon" (Plant, Blunt, Martinez) – 4:40
4. "Wreckless Love" (Plant, Blunt) – 5:18
1. "Thru' with the Two Step" (Plant, Blunt, Martinez) – 5:33
2. "Horizontal Departure" (Plant, Blunt, Martinez, Jezz Woodroffe) – 4:19
3. "Stranger Here... Than Over There" (Plant, Blunt, Martinez, Woodroffe)
4. "Big Log" (Plant, Blunt, Woodroffe) – 5:03
* Robert Plant - vocals
* Robbie Blunt - guitars
* Paul Martinez - bass
* Jezz Woodroffe - keyboards
* Phil Collins - drums on 1-3, 5-6, 8 + all the bonus tracks on the 2007
Posted by wino at Tuesday, September 01, 2009